If you have kids and your family loves chicken, you will love this meal. I found the base recipe at 5dollardinners.com, and in my kitchen fashion, I modified, even a pretty healthy recipe, to make it even healthier. Here’s the link to the original recipe if you’d like to check it out. ($5 Dinners: Ranch Chicken Dippers)
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20-25 minutes
- 1 package skinless, boneless chicken tenders (I made about 12 tenders)
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used homemade, whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 – 1 oz. packet Original Hidden Valley mix for dipping (I used Hidden Valley for this test run, but I will probably try to make my own ranch mix and/or look for a Tastefully Simple gluten-free mix)
- Marinara sauce for dipping (I used an all natural marinara jarred sauce because of time constraints, but if you have some homemade, even better.)
- Served with steamed broccoli
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, or line a cookie sheet with non-stick baking mat.
- Whisk the 2 eggs and milk in a small bowl. Mix together the bread crumbs and ranch mix in another bowl.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg, then coat in the ranch-bread crumb mixture. Place on the cookie sheet, and repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until all chicken pieces are cooked through and have turned slightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve tenders with marinara sauce and other side dishes.
This meal is way easy to prep, way easy to cook, and it’s a HUGE hit with the kiddos. Fantastic substitute for chicken nuggets or any breaded chicken dish. This is definitely going in my regular rotation. Enjoy!